Wrongful Termination Lawyer in Long Beach
Were You Wrongfully Terminated in Southern California?
In California, along with many other states, employees are presumed to be “at will.” This term means that your employer can fire you at any time for any reason. However, there are certain situations, dictated by public policy, where the at-will presumption is overcome and rendered irrelevant. If you are fired based upon one of the exceptions to the at-will designation, you may have a case of wrongful termination.
Andrea Cook & Associates has been handling wrongful termination cases for over 30 years. We are a reliable and established firm that has gained a reputation for being aggressive representatives of our clients’ rights. It is important to us that you fully understand the laws that apply to your situation and how we can pursue a resolution to the matter that is in your best interests.
We also handle cases that were the basis of your termination, such as:
In the past, a terminated employee may have been able to proceed against the employer with both administrative remedies and going to court. However, since the state of this law is unsettled, the courts are no longer allowing individuals to proceed down these tracks. Our staff can help you understand your options and make an informed decision about the proper course of action.
Do Not Wait Until Your Termination to Seek Legal Counsel
Before a termination, many employees are keenly aware that something is amiss and that their tenure at the company may soon end. You must be proactive in this type of situation and enlist the assistance of an experienced attorney at our firm. We can then be involved in every aspect of the case and possibly prevent your termination.
We have recovered millions of dollars and vindicated the rights of many wrongfully terminated clients, as the following representative examples illustrate:
- A financial officer of a municipal district terminated for complaining about illegal tax practices;
- An airline pilot terminated for complaining about safety practices;
- Stockroom employee terminated for complaining about safety issues;
- A federal inspector terminated for complaining about failing to follow FDA regulations;
- A teacher terminated for complaining about sexual harassment;
- A VP at fortune 500 company who complains about her own mistreatment at the hands of supervisors; and
- A firefighter trainee who is terminated after being bullied and harassed relentlessly.
Contact our Long Beach wrongful termination attorney to learn more about how our firm may be able to help you through your wrongful discharge case. We are sensitive to the needs of terminated employees and are dedicated to aggressively advocating for your legal and civil rights.